It is March and already my motivation to complete my goals for the year of 2015 has been waning. It is strange how I felt so much energy and motivation to be productive in January. Now 3 months into the year I find it extremely difficult to get everything completed. My energy overall seems to be declining each day. I have my up and down days. It can significantly affect how much work I can crank out (Example: only 2 blog posts were made for February and March is not looking so good either). Over the years I have found what works best for me to stay motivated. Here are my top 5 ways on:
How to Stay Motivated
- Exercise: My body hates me if I do not get physical activity for more than 3 days. I sleep better, feel better, and eat better when I get to the gym. You can do something as simple as walking for 30 minutes. This is great for your overall health and you get more work done!
- Setting Goals: I am a true believer that those who set goals have a higher chance of completing them. Even in this blog I document my goals and publicize them to hold myself accountable. Some people like to have their goals written on a white board or printed out and posted in their bedroom, mirror, or refrigerator to remind themselves everyday. Another useful way to stay motivated is to split up your goals into smaller tasks. Personally, I utilize my iPhone tasks app to keep track and complete my goals. Do what works for you!
- Loved ones: When I need to channel some motivation often times I think of the people who I care about the most. Family and friends are always at the top of the list. This becomes more apparent when your loved ones depend on you and want you to succeed.
- Eating a Balanced Healthy Diet: Many people treat their bodies poorly by what they use to fuel it. I have low energy and just feel rotten whenever I eat fast food, junk food, and processed foods. There is an initial rewarding feeling but that goes away quickly. Fueling your body with healthy nutritious foods can immensely improve your energy. In addition, all those antioxidants will prevent you from getting sick!
- Glass is half full: Try to look at all your failures in a positive light. Treat your failures as opportunities to learn and grow stronger. Sometimes I over analyze things and in turn it becomes a negative outlook. This is not good for my stress levels or helping me stay motivated.
What are some ways you stay motivated?